Monday, May 31, 2010

Wheels!!!

I've been using some extra wheels and tires to roll the chassis around during the build. They fit but they're too narrow and not the look I want for this car. Plus three of the tires are bald.



They actually belong to my youngest son but we put the stock wheels and some long-life tires on his car while he's in college. He can get the nice wheels back when he can buy some new tires.

Anyway, I finally found the wheels and tires I wanted. I ordered them from several places but it seemed that the rear wheels were on literal world backorder. Finally I found that Tire Rack had a set of American Racing Authentic Hot Rod wheels that were exactly what I wanted. They have polished lips and Anthracite spokes. The fronts are 17x9 with 245/45-17 Sumitomo HTR-Z tires. The rears are 315/35-17 HTR-Z on 17x10.5 wheels. They're a bit wider than the rollaround tires I'd been using.



I like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment