Monday, May 31, 2010

More body work

My lovely wife likes to do body work, so who am I to argue. Personally I don't enjoy it much - I prefer the mechanical and fabricating stuff.

Previously I posted that she had knocked down the gelcoat seams and done a bit of grinding into the fibreglass. Then cold weather set in.

So once the weather warmed up again, she dragged out the sander and the HSRF and did some primary filling of the seams.



What's HSRF? 3M High Strength Marine Filler. It's a vinylester based fibreglass repair filler that's impervious to water and widely used for structural boat repairs. In our case, she used it to bring the seams back to almost level so they can be finished to the proper profile with a body filler called Evercoat Rage. Rage shouldn't be applied more than 1/4" thick so the HSRF does the structural building.

And HSRF is green, so I have green stripes all over the body now.



No comments:

Post a Comment