Monday, May 31, 2010

LCS or bust

In anticipation of attending the London Cobra Show I've been putting in long hours trying to get the car streetable. It won't be finished by any stretch but I'm hoping to get it put together enough to allow me to register and license it.

I mounted all of the lights to check fitment, made some adjustments, swore a bit, adjusted some more and came away with the knowledge that I'll have some serious body work to do before it gets paint.

But I couldn't drive it with green stripes all over so I bought a quart of black sealer and shot it on the body. That one change made a dramatic difference in the appearance of the body. It has a sort of ratrod look from the satin finish. It won't stay that way too long but at least it's one color. It almost looks like a car with the lights back in.





I've been working on sound and heat insulation too. ERA Replicas recommends using Frost King HVAC duct insulation. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me. I've done the footboxes, rear cockpit wall and transmission hump. The floorboards will be done after I figure out where to mount my seats.




I also installed the first piece of carpet. :-D



So this is how the car sits.



Will we make it to London? Who knows? Other life events may affect that decision. But I'm still going to try to have the car ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment