Monday, May 31, 2010

Seats

My wife didn't like the stock low-back seats due to the risk of whiplash if we get rear-ended. Also, she says I snap her neck back when I accelerate hard. :innocent:

So I sold those and purchased a set of Cobra Clubman highback seats. Now the challenge is how to mount them.

The drivers side has to be adjustable so she can drive sometimes. I need the seat as far back as it will go while she needs it substantially forward to be able to reach the pedals. Luckily the passenger side can just be bolted in.

What to do?

UPDATE: I cheated. I ordered the Street Performer Seat Installation Kit from Breeze Automotive. I spent several weeks trying to make my own brackets and use the Mustang seat sliders and could never make them work.

So, my advice is, if you need to be able to move the seat fore and aft, just buy the brackets from Mark @ Breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment