Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh look! An update!

I'm finally back to it. Everyone seems to have recovered health-wise so I can get back to work on my Roadster.

I've been building a body buck. But this one has a couple of differences from the others I've seen.

First, it's a convertible. :-) The extended legs can be removed and it then becomes the right height for doing body work.





The other difference is that I cut out the middle rather drastically. The reason for that is so I can park a Miata under it. I don't want to have to drag the buck and body in and out of the garage every time I want to work on the chassis, so they will be stored on the opposite side of the garage.



Hopefully I'll be removing the body and putting it on the buck tomorrow (Friday) night when my youngest son and his friend come over to help me. The body will be parked over the chassis for a while as I still need to strip the donor Mustang.

Once that's done, the chassis goes to the "big" side of the garage and the Miata and body buck will go where the chassis currently resides. Like so.



Confusing, eh? It'll all work out...

The other BIG news is that we're getting a dog (a Bavarian Moosehound.) Along with the dog, we're getting a storage shed.

While these two events wouldn't normally be related, were going to use a part of the shed for a doghouse. It's an 8x12 with dual doors on the front. I'm going to cut a doggie door on the outer wall and then build a partition wall inside so that the Flash the dog can reside in there. He'll be separated from the yard paraphernalia by this wall so both he, and it, are safe from each other.

Having the shed will allow me to remove all of the yardwork implements, lawnmowers, fertilizers and other assorted lawn related nasties from the garage. YAY! That's going to pick up quite a bit of space in there.

So things are slowly starting to progress again. At this rate, maybe I can actually start on the chassis in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment