Monday, March 9, 2009

Body off!

I got the body off of the frame Friday night and started tracing some of the aluminum panels for drilling.

Saturday we hit the junkyard and I scored the full disc brake setup off of a 1995 Mustang so that will be swapped on instead of using the earlier Fox rear drum brakes. While the benefit of 4-wheel discs is often debated, I prefer both the pedal feel and the looks of them. I already have the 5-lug rear axles to swap in so this completes my junkyard parts hunting for brakes. I'll have to order the brackets to mount the rear discs to the 8.8 but that's no problem. And I'm going to get a new 1993 Cobra master cylinder to top it all off.

Unfortunately that was about all I got done. While we were at the yard, I received a call that my mother had returned to the hospital. So my wife and I headed home, cleaned up and spent 5.5 hours in the emergency room with her until they finally got a bed ready and moved her to it.

So anyway, here are a few pictures with the body removed.





No comments:

Post a Comment