Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wiring is out.

I finished removing the wiring harness. This entails pretty much stripping the interior completely. Since the Mustang is either going to salvage or become a racer when I'm finished, I didn't bother with removing the nasty carpet to get to the wiring. My razor knife did a quick job of hacking through it and this made the job a lot easier.

But man, there's a lot of wiring behind the dash. There's this huge knot of sticky-goo covered wires that feed all manner of mystery boxes back there.

Thankfully it's all out now and I get to look forward to the thrill of dieting the harness later to remove all of the circuits I don't need. For now though, all of the separate harnesses will be plugged together and I'll roll it up and store it somewhere until I need it. That is, unless I wimp out and go with a newer, simpler generic harness from somewhere.

Next up, fuel tank and line removal. Then I can drag the carcass out to its final resting spot and remove the steering rack, lower control arms and rear axle.

No comments:

Post a Comment