Monday, July 27, 2009

Brake lines finished.

All of the brake - both hard and flexible - lines are now in place. The connections were tightened, brake fluid added, and brake bleeding commenced. Several connections were then RE-tightened to stem the dripping brake fluid. Overall it was a success though - nothing had to be reflared. I did have to remount the front flexible line mounts though - the original orientation would have caused too much bind when the wheels were at full up-travel.





So now the car will stop! It won't go yet, but that's a minor point.

I also got the fuel lines run. I'm really happy with the way they turned out by the fuel tank. I HATE the FFR clamps though - they're really cheap and the rubber peels off of them too easily.



But those are also in place for now. I have to figure out where they'll go in the engine bay but I can't do that until I drop in the engine and see where they have to connect.

Cindy riveted in both floorpans and then I put the modified passenger footbox together. I have one panel left to go but I want to add some rivets to the foot pan first and it's easier to do without the outer panel in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment