Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Accomplishments - some big, some not-so-big

I got some more cleaning/painting/straightening done in the garage this weekend. It's beginning to look like an actual work space instead of a disaster overflow. There's still more stuff to be moved to the basement - so that can be the disaster instead ;-)

The majority of the weekend was spend supervising/helping/kibitzing as my wife installed a complete new suspension in our 1993 Miata. She's going to run that in autocross this year and the 183K-mile stock suspension just wasn't cutting it. She wanted to install the suspension herself and she did. I only did grunt work when she couldn't get a bolt loose or advised when there was something she didn't understand in the directions. She did VERY WELL with it. Now it's about an inch lower with new springs, shocks and anti-sway bars.

I had Monday off due to President's Day and I took that opportunity to cut the end pieces for the body buck. OSB is some nasty, splintery stuff and I don't like it. But, the ends are cut and now I just need to get the rest of the 2x4s to build the frame. And I finally finished the inventory of all of the boxes of Roadster parts from Factory Five Racing. That's a huge relief. Now I need to call them to tell them what was missing.

And hope for warmer weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment