Friday, January 8, 2010

Has it really been that long?

When we last left our intrepid builder he was untangling the mass of subtle clues and diagrams desperately searching for a diamond in the rough...

Okay, I was cleaning grease and crud off of the engine. I have one thing to say, Simple Green and Krud Kutter are wondrous cleaners!

As you may recall, the engine looked pretty bad.





A gallon or so of Simple Green later it was clean. But it was still ugly. It was soooo ugly... that I have no pictures of it.

After much taping and various cans of paint, I was rewarded with this.





It still had the stock valve covers on it and no bolt-ons. But it looked a LOT better. So, shortly thereafter, I did this.



Remember these?



After installing all of the stuff in the boxes, the engine now looks like this.





And that's what I've been doing.

I've still got plenty to do but I'm getting closer to the first start.

The biggest problem now is that it's gone and gotten cold. So cold that these guys are talking about moving to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment